Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Rainbow of Sunshine Shamrock card

I am on a mission to get things better organized in my craft room and start using some of my stored card kits that have been in hiding for years!   This cards elements are from one of those kits that's been in hiding ..... that I added my own twist with the help of some of my dies.
Isn't that pattern paper awesome? It is so colorful and bright, like a rainbow of sunshine gleaming LOL!!!  So the pattern paper papers, the sentiments and the shamrock are all from a paper wishes cardmaker kit (JAN 2013).   I didn't use the suggested sample card I just used some of the elements and went with my own card design.  

I used a white card base  with a solid golden yellow paper Layer over the top for the front.   I used my Simon says stamp - bundle of stitched shapes for the large stitched rectangle die to cut out the awesome colorful pattern paper layer.   I wanted to use the Shamrock right in the center of the color burst but it needed something more, so I used my unbranded pierced flower die to cut a mat for the shamrock out of green card stock.   I used my dandelion spectrum noir marker to go around the already golden yellow edge of the Shamrock just to give it a more finished look.  I then used an unbranded button die set for the button which I cut twice  I ran some green and white bakers twine through the center and went around the edges with same marker.  I then popped the button up in the center of the Shamrock with foam tape.   I wanted to use one of the pre-printed sentiment blocks so I backed that using a stitched flag die ... cutting it in some of the coordinating green gingham pattern paper from the kit.   I trimmed it down to fit where I wanted and placed the sentiment block onto the center and placed a green glitter enamel dot to the left of it. What a simple but striking card I think.
For the inside of the card I cut a large stitched rectangle mat in a light green card stock from the same Simon says stamp set that I used for the front of the card.  This time I also used the small stitched flag die from that same set to cut the small stitched flags out of coordinating pattern paper to tuck under the edge of the pre-printed sentiment block from the kit staggering them in length.

I am entering into these fun Challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #35
FFC #221 Always Anything Goes
HIMCR #340 - Buttons or Bows!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog.  I love to read your lovely comments, I hope you have time to leave one for me.

2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Fabulous card to get ready for St. Patrick's Day! Love the rainbow explosion of colors! Thanks for posting a 2nd time to this week's buttons or bows theme #340 at HIMCR! Becca~DT

Scrapper69 said...

I love this one! So bright and cheery with all those fabulous patterns! Fantastic!

Theresa