Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Flurry of fun Christmas card

Trying to keep with my plan of getting a couple of Christmas cards done each month.
These papers, the vellum also the snowflakes and the tags/labels are all from Hot Off the Press.  For the background layer of the card I used an awesome wood grain brown.  The next layer is a beautiful teal with the white snowflake pattern that I cut with my Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes  using the largest stitched rectangle die.   For anyone that follows my blog you see this on almost every card lol.   I used my wink of Stella clear glitter pen to dot the centers of each snowflake on the pattern paper.  For the vellum Layer that I colored the back with a light blue marker and then inked the edges with a darker blue and used my HOTP Card Flaps & Borders die to cut that wonderful unique shape.  I used a pre stamped matching tag for the focal that I accented with the cute snowflakes from this matching kit.  I used a die to cut the teal snowflake (Snowglobe Cutting Dies - HOTP) that I stacked on the largest snowflake.  I popped each of the snowflakes up on foam tape. Then I cut a jumping deer out of a brown card stock (HOTP 9 Tiny Christmas Things + Shadows Die Set).  I also popped up the deer on foam tape.
For the inside I kept it simple, I used a matching tag/label and snowflake.  I heat embossed a sentiment in platinum embossing powder saying "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" from Sheena Douglass Christmas Stamp Set - Crafters Companion

I am entering into these fun Challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #38
DL.ART MARCH 2018 LINKY CHALLENGE
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #224 with Lawn Fawn
Mod Squad Challenge - Color Your Vellum

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Judy Woodland said...

Lovely card, and beautiful color. I really like all your layers too. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Designer and Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!