Sunday, September 3, 2017

String of lights Christmas Card

I had so much fun making this card with my new string of lights die set.  From picking out the plaid papers from my scrap bins for the bulbs to running the die-cut string through the lights ... what a great die set!
I used my distress inks to add the glowing color behind the bulbs.  I used a mirror cardstock for the metal ends of the bulbs.   For the two middle bulbs I snipped a slit in the end of the bulb loop so I could slip it over the string....  giving an effect that that it is all strung through the lights.  On the white slit of each bulb creating that shine look I added glossy accents to enhance.  I cut both main layers with my Simon says stamp  bundle of stitched shapes rectangle die.   I then used an outdoor landscape stitched die from craftin desert divas  to create the  stitched wavy border halfway up on the card.   The sentiment stamp is from Cardz TV - Merry everything.   I added an iridescent pink snowflake over the printed snowflake on the paper and then I added a 3-D mirrored snowflake on top of that .  That's it!  Pretty simple!   This would make a great mass produced Christmas card for the many that I have on my list.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #11
Simon Says Wednesday: Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC # 204 Always Anything Goes -Multi-Sponsor Challenge!
Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge #62
DL.ART September Linky Challenge

 Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my craft room!

7 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Eva :-) the fairy lights are so pretty and I love the colours, very cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Katydid Cards said...

Very cool how you did this string of lights. Love the glow you created! Thanks for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck!

Scrapper69 said...

So Pretty! LOVE the soft colors of the bulbs...

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Lovely card, very pretty colors. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Laura Volpes said...

I love, love, love this card!!! Thanks for sharing it in the Funday Friday Challenge!
Have a great day,
Laura

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I love this adorable Christmas card! Those lights are perfect! Who makes that great die?? I love the patterned paper that you choose for your lights and the way you highlighted behind each of the bulbs! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

Unknown said...

Love your card! Thank you for joining Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!