Thursday, September 28, 2017

Happy Fall Pumpkin card

I decided to work on some Fall cards this week.  This one is simple and fun with lots of texture.  I cut a standard A2 size card out of Kraft card stock for a landscape style card that folds at the top.  Using lots of fall colored papers from my scrap bin and following a sketch & color challenge over at YNS... this is what I came up with.
Happy fall embossing border folder - Darice.  I cut that out with a stitched fishtail flag stax die from MFT,  I then put the fishtail and back into the die to cut it off straight cutting off the embossed Y'all with leaves too so that I could have stitching all the way around  in a rectangle shape in the size I needed.  I ran the gold section of card stock through my leaf swirls embossing folder which is also from Darice.  I cut the label out twice once from Kraft card stock and then from the golden pattern paper to layer on top.  This was cut from the spellbinders labels Ten die.  The pumpkin is from Cricut CM cheerful seasons cartridge.   I used an orange pattern paper for the pumpkin that has like a cracked paint look to give it some texture too.  To accent the label I added gold metallic dew drops to the center on either side.   For the other four spots that the label sticks out I added some golden dew drops there as well.  I accented each of the top corners of the Happy Fall banner panel with two golden yellow leaves I found in my stash that were cut from spellbinders decorative accents, Victorian garden curved square.  I kept this card very simple and masculine for one of the guys on my list.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut -  Challenge #310-Fall
Mod squad challenge – FALL COLORS

Thanks as always for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my craft room!   I hope you have a great day .

8 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So Lovely.. LOVE the embossing... looks wonderful!

Theresa

Cathie Borowski said...

Wow, I love this card, I love the layout, the colour scheme, the fact you have a purple pumpkin with texture, it all comes together beautifully. Thank you for joining the Masculine/Men/Boys Challenge over at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT

Sheila H said...

All the beautiful texture really stands out. Love the card! Thanks for dropping by 613 Avenue Create.

katieo said...

The pumpkin looks gorgeous on the embossed panel. Thank You for joining the DL.ART September Linky Challenge

Arlene said...

Great guy card, for sure. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

This pumpking is super cute! Love how you made it! I also like the fall embossing folder you used! Very interesting!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you again next week! x Zoey

scrapqueen141 said...

Great card! Love all the embossing you added! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie DT

Gayatri said...

The texture on the card is awesome. LOVE it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx