Sunday, September 10, 2017

Feels Like Fall Leaves Card

Based on a fun challenge, I created this Fall card.  I decided to do both the color and the sketch with this card... Thanks YNS for the awesome fun challenge... so glad I recently found your site!!!
I embossed the base layer of the card with the basket weave folder by Darice, plus I inked the edges with brown pigment ink.  Using my spellbinders labels Twenty-Three dies I cut out the two pattern paper shapes from my Fall scraps... I then used my SNC2 to cut out a brown shadow layer for each shape.  I used one of my button dies that came in a set of six to cut out the three buttons in different Fall colored scraps of card stock.  I then used my SNC2 to cut out a brown shadow Layer for those as well.  Before adhering them together I ran brown and white bakers twine through the button holes and tied a knot for each.  I used two different leaf dies that I also dry embossed and sprayed with glimmer mist to bring out the embossing in a shimmery copper tone.  For the stamping I used an old stamp from a cardmaker set I believe and colored the leaves in with my spectrum noir markers, after backing with the brown shadow Layer I popped the sentiment shape up on foam squares.
For the inside I found a piece of Fall leaves pattern paper in my Fall Scraps bin and used the same spellbinders die as the front to cut it out.  I used brown pigment ink to ink around the edges.  I decided to do my stamping directly onto the green leaf inside and used stamps from Desert craftin divas - Hey Pumpkin stamp set.  I stamped both sentiments in a brown pigment ink.  I then stamped the autumn greetings again over the top of the brown with wild honey distress ink using my presicion stamp press from we R memory keepers.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
Simon Says Monday: STAMPtember® Stamp It
Scrapy Land {Challenge #73}
YNS - Sketch and Color Challenge #72 –
Simon Says Wednesday: STAMPtember® Stamp It
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #12
FFC #205 Always Anything Goes
HIMCR #317 - Super Scrap Saturday!
DL.ART September Linky Challenge

Thanks for stopping by my craft room to see what I'm up to today.

8 comments:

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful autumnal card and I adore how you've decorated the inside! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Eva!! The leaves look amazing!! I love the texture and the pretty buttons!! The inside is beautiful, too!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land and DL.ART!! Have a great day, my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Very pretty fall card! Those leaves are perfect with that background paper. Love the inside of your card too! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Tracy Freeman said...

Really lovely fall card, love the inside decoration too...I really need to do that more.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Sherry said...

Beautiful Fall Card ... Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Jo's Scrapshack This Week
Sherry Lynn
DT

katieo said...

Fun fall card. I love the dies you used and the inside is beautiful too. Super cute card. I love the bubbles. Thank you for joining the DL.ART September Linky Challenge

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful layers and great use of the embossing folder. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land. Hugs, Autumn

Scrapper69 said...

Fun Fall card! Great texture!

Theresa