Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pretty Purple Dahlias Just for you

Good morning crafty friends.  Thanks to the mod squad challenge group for inspiring me to get out my dahlias layering stamp set and give it a play!
I started with a 5" x 6 1/2" card base in white that I covered with some blackish gray designer paper, stack is from Color Blok - Midnight Garden.  I added a purple cardstock layer over that, I ran it though the basket weave embossing folder by Darice and I inked the edges with one of the shades of purple inks I was using.  The top mat is a beautiful handmade paper from my stash with shiny silver polka dots.  I won these beautiful handmade papers many years ago in a hop.... I love them!  I used my Simon says stamp - bundle of stitched shapes for cutting that layer with stitching around the edge.  I matted it with another black layer and then I matted that with a green designer paper from the same paper stack.   I used my purple cows trimmer to cut a deckled edge border strip down the center of the card from the same blackish gray floral designer paper as the first layer.   I then changed out the blade to a scallop and cut a black border strip which I placed just behind the green layer on the left-hand side.  The beautiful "Layering Dahlias Stamp Set" is from hot off the press.  I Stamped two large blooms and one smaller bloom and the same leaf three times using my Pecision press to line up the layers each time.   Each base bloom had three layered stamps that I stamped in a blend of purple inks light to dark.  I used Stampabilitities Lavender pigment ink for the base color and then Heliotrope & Violet for the next layers from Color Box Purple cats eye pigment inks.  I then took it one step further and stamped one more bloom for each of the large blooms, this time for the very top Layer I stamped with VersaMark and used purple foil embossing powder!  Love it!!! I hand cut out around the center portion and popped those up on foam tape to give the 3-D flower affect.  For the centers of all three flowers I added glue and sprinkled with dark purple tiny beads.  I used a couple of my dies for the extra sprigs of leaves and swirls cut out of a green card stock.   And finally the tag is from Cricut - lovely florals,  I cut the base with the same purple I used as the basket weave and the top layer is from the same designer paper - Midnight Garden stack it has a soft muted background design.   The "Just for you" stamp is from the same stamp set from HOTP - Layering Dahlias.   I added a bow from Baker's twine in purple and white to top it off.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my creation!   Thanks again Mod Squad challenge group for an awesome fun challenge that I'm barely getting my entry squeaked in before the deadline!!!  Lol

 I am entering into these fun challenges: 
Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge #306-Anything Goes!

5 comments:

Macimbalo said...

I love purple and green together - your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Sherrie K. said...

I love this! Fabulous colors and wow oh wow...the flowers are stunning!!!!
Sherrie K

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... your card is so PRETTY! I LOVE the colors!!! beautiful! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Emma Williams said...

This is such a pretty card and those flowers are just gorgeous and so striking ~ a beautiful project! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is stunning and I love how you created the intense color of the inner flower! Thanks for sharing your talent at Fantabulous Cricut!