Monday, October 19, 2015

Christmas Owl-idays Card

Trying to get my crafty mojo back this week.  I decided to make a Christmas card using some Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps and some of my other new products (& a few old products too).

I made this an A-2 sized top folding card with ivory card stock.  The plain green and pattern green papers are from a 6x6 Authentique stack I picked up at the scrapbook expo that I went to with my good friend Cheryl Scrappinmini a few months back.  The red and Ivory card stock are from Recollections.  I used my brand new Crafter's Companion Embossalicious folder "Seasonal Music" to emboss the Ivory layer that I then took my Tim Holtz blending tool and went over the whole thing with walnut stain distress ink covering the corners and edges darker.  I then took abandoned Coral distress ink with my blending tool and went over corners and edges again blending in toward the center.  I rolled the left corner and rubbed that underside corner with walnut stain as well.  For the centerpiece of this card I used Craftin Desert Diva's  (aka CDD) "Simply Holidays Wordart".  I also cut the svg backing file for this stamp...provided by Tara from CDD in the Facebook share group!  I cut one in red to stamp onto with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and I cut another larger one in green to layer onto which I used foam tape to pop up this entire piece.   I used a white gel pen to color in the dots on the word snow and the fuzzy stocking pieces.  I also used an adorable owl stamp from CDD "Owl-idays" peeking out from behind the rolled music sheet.  I cut him out with my new SNC2, colored him in with my new Spectrum Noir markers and used glossy accents for the rim of the hat.  I also used some fun CDD "Merry Mix" sequins that I won a month or so back (playing bingo I think) for one of the new release party weeks... Thank you Tara... Love them!!!
Oh, and last but not least for the front I added some black enamel dots to the three corners of the music sheet and one medium sparkly one to the top of the little owl's hat that I also won from another company .

For the inside I carried over the same fun theme using some of the same papers as the front to add some trim strips.  I used a spellbinders die cut for the ornaments down the strip stamping each one with an owl face again from CDD "Owl-idays" stamp set.  I placed 1 of each color of the sequins to top off each hat and used a dark green sharpie to dot the center of each sequin.  I used the sentiment Happy Owl-idays from that same set.  At the bottom right corner I decided to use 2 stamped ornaments from CDD "Chill Out" stamp set onto coordinating papers.  I used my SNC2 to cut them out and inked them and cut inside piece out by hand ..... tricky but can be done lol

I am entering my project into these fun challenges:


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you all have a wonderful and crafty day!
Eva Scraps

No comments: