Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ride the Wind Owl

Hello Crafty Friends, today I had some fun playing with my newest stamps & Sequins.

I started out by cutting the corner of a 12x12 Momenta scrapbook paper so I could use it for my background.  Just a fun mostly sky scene with clouds and a bit of grass at the bottom and then a fun scallop and lines across.  I thought it would be the perfect base for this creation.  So over in our Group on FB today begins the new challenge which is Ride the Wind.  This is what I came up with to help[ promote our fun challenge.

The Owl and "Sending OWL my Love" sentiment are both from Craftin Desert Diva's Owl-idays stamp set and you can find them here.  The Owl is stamped in Memento Black tuxedo ink onto white cardstock, I then used my scan n cut to cut him out.  I colored him in with Crayola SuperTips markers.  The Balloon stamp is from Echo Park, I used my American Crafts Stamp markers to color in balloons and using my new stamp positioner I stamped just the balloons first.  I then wiped the stamp clean, inked just the strings in black tuxedo and stamped again.  I am in love with this new stamp positioning tool I made with inexpensive products... video that I followed can be found here

This is the stamp positioner I made from watching video above

2 of the 4 stamp sets I used for this one :)
After stamping the balloons I cut them out on my scan n cut and then I took some blue chalk and rubbed the area of the balloon strings so it would blend with the blue background.  I adhered the tip of the balloon strings to the candy stick the owl was holding and tried to make it look as though he is holding the balloons.  I colored in just to the edge of the owls head on the strings to make it blend well.  The sentiment I stamped right directly onto the fun striped cloud.  for the cloud face I used a Peachy Keen - Basic Paper Dolls face.  I didn't have a blowing face so I thought this one would work... it kind of looks like he is taking a big breath in to blow.  the wind swirl was from another stamp set in my stash that I had to mask off because it is actually snow flakes blowing... but I just wanted the wind.  I added blue shimmer chalk to the cloud cheeks and to the windy swirl.

Some of my new sequins... I used some from all 3 of these sets

At the bottom where the scallops are I decided to dig in to my new fun sequins and add all of the balloon colors for the sequins, I really like the touch this added.

I am entering this card into these fun challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle & Shine
DL.ART - Thankful Thursday Challenge #161 Summertime

As always, Thanks for stopping by to see my creativity at work.  Have a happy and crafty day.  ~ Eva Scraps

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so awesome!! The owl is adorable!! He looks so cute with his balloons in the angry wind!! Love how you added the sequins along the bottom!! Fun card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Virginia L. said...

This is so sweet and cute! Love the placement of sequins! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Sparkle and Shine” Challenge!

DIANA L. said...

Your card is so cute I love the face on the cloud blowing on the owl with his balloons.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #161 “SUMMERTIME” Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaw, this is SO cute! The little owl is adorable! I love the sequins along the bottom:) So fun and such a great addition to your fantastic card!
Sherrie k