Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Word Art Tags

I love making hand made tags for gifts :)  these 3 are almost the same.
 

I used a tag from Cricut Very Merry Tags for my base that I stretched to the size I wanted to fit my stamp good.  I then ran it through my Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder and rubbed a light blue ink over it and also inked the edges with same ink.  I also made a topper for each tag cut from some beautiful Blue Iridescent paper (LOVE) I also inked the edges with a darker blue ink.  I used Craftin Desert Divas Simply Holidays Wordart stamp Set for the awesome sentiment.  I First used the free svg file Tara gives with lots of her stamp sets, then I stamped in Black Staz-on ink ...I planned to water color, but changed my mind.  I inked the edges with a darker blue ink.  I then popped it up on foam tap and attached to the tag.  On the tag topper I added some beautiful snowflake swirls cut from a Monster aluminum can using the beautiful snowflake border die from my craft spot.  I snipped of the sections I wanted simply with my scissors and used hot glue to attach.  I added a light blue grosgrain ribbon through the hole in each tag and used a regular stapler to attach it in place.  I then cut a snowflake from one on my www.creativekuts.com files and used some cute face stamps from Peachy Keen - Everyday Character assortment (PK-490)  I used 3 different adorable faces all 1/2" in size.  I used white gel pen for the eyes and some pink chalk for the cheeks.  I used hot glue again to attach these snowflakes to the ribbon hiding the staple.

I am entering in these fun challenges:
Cardz TV - #5 "TAG...YOU'RE IT!"  (3 Tags)
My Craft Spot - #160 - Sentiment as the Focal Point
DL.Art - December Linky Challenge "Anything Goes"
Craftin Desert Divas Craft it up Link it up Party - Christmas


Well that is it for me today, this being my second post in one day lol.  Please leave a comment and have a fun and crafty day ~ Eva Scraps

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What gorgeous tags!! I love those sweet faces!! These are so awesome my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kate said...

Your tags are gorgeous! The snowflakes are so pretty on your elegant tags!! These will help dress up your gift packages beautifully!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Karen said...

Oooh, Eva! Your tags are gorgeous! What a fabulous use of the snowflake border die and I love the sweet PK-faced snowflakes! These will be so pretty atop your presents. :o) Thank you for sharing your lovely tags with us at My Craft Spot!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Linda said...

These are beautiful. Love the snowflake with the PK face! Super cute :-) Thanks for playing along at Cardz TV!
Linda (Cardz TV DT)
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

Very cute, I love the word art stamps!

Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!!
Shelly

mum of two said...

Stunning! I love the word art sets. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Christmas Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments