Thursday, September 25, 2014

Give Thanks Swirl Leaf Card


Back again, wow I am on a roll this week :)  Today I am sharing a Fall Card I made Using the sketch over at Fantabulous Cricut for the Challenge this week.  I love Sketch Challenges!!!

This card is a 5" X 5" in size.  I used these fabulous Handmade papers for the Cream layer and the ripped piece for the sentiment.  I think that it gives such a warmth to the card... perfect for Fall.  I was going to use gold or brown brads for the corners, but then I dug around in my stash and found these beautiful glass half circles in the perfect colors to use  The give thanks was stamped with Brown Stampabilities pigment ink onto this thin handmade paper that is perfect for tearing. I layered the soft muted polk-a-dot paper onto a dark brown layer to give it definition. I added some hand cut flags off to the side in a variety of fall papers from my scraps.  I then used my awesome Sew Easy Tool for the first time ever and stitched some brown and white twine through the card layer and the flags.  then I added a Fall leaf from Cricut - Gypsy Wanderings with the holes removed so it was in a blackout state in a deep almost maroon red card stock and ran it through my cuttlebug Swirls folder and then added a shadow layer behind it in Kraft card stock.  All of the paper on this project were inked on the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut stain ink.  Oh I almost forgot... I tied some raffia from my stash around the leaf stem and the leaf is popped up with foam squares.

 On the envelope I grabbed a different leaf I had laying around and I used it as a stencil and just rubbed my inking tool all around the edges and moved the leaf and repeated a few times.  I never added more ink to tool just simply rubbed around what was left over of the walnut stain on my foam pad to give it a very light muted look.

I am entering into these fun Challenges:
 Fantabulous Cricut - #229 Sketch
Die Cuttin Divas - Fall is Here
Craftin Desert Divas - Fall Linky Party
DRS Designs - Leaf it to me
Simon Say Stamp - Anything Goes 
House that Stamps Built - Fall 
Simply Create Too Fall/Autumn
Let's Craft And Create - #97 Autumn

Thanks for stopping by to have a look at my project... Hope you leave a comment... I love to read them.  Have a Crafty Day ~ Eva

14 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Eva!! The handmade paper is beautiful!! I love the design and the embossing on the leaf!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelia said...

This is a fabulous fall card! I really like your maple leaf with the embossed swirls. Great job adding leaves to the envelop! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs!

Karin said...

Beautiful card celebrating the fall season! I love your embossed leaf :) Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

Shelly said...

What a pretty card! Gorgeous paper!!

Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!
Shelly

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I love the textured leaf! Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas!

Sarah GDT

Golden Goddess Designs said...

I love the embossed leaf and the overall card comes together so well! the stitching is great as well!

Patti J said...

What a lovely fall creation! Thanks for joining us at The House That Stamps Built!

Vicky said...

Lovely card Eva, thanks for sharing it with us as LCC. :)

L.B. said...

Great use of the sketch. thanks for playing with DCD and FCCb this week

Gerda said...

What a fabulous Fall card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Great card! I love the colors and the embossing and I really like the coordinating envelope! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

Kim's Kreations said...

Lovely fall card. The leaf is wonderful with the embossing. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge this week at FCCB. Kim

Jingle said...

This is lovely! Thank you so much for playing along with Anything Goes week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Cheri said...

What a super technique idea. Love this card. So happy you joined the challenge at The House That Stamps Built.